Thursday, May 9, 2013

Egg-celent Epic

New Lands by Geoff Rodkey

* ARC received from the publisher for review

5 out of 5 gnomes


Now this is how you do a sequel right.  I loved the first book in the series but I adore this one even more.  The action in this book is turned all the way up, there is never a dull moment to be had and the characters continue to be a lot of fun.


The stakes of this book feel higher and the danger level is increased even more.  Egg discovers so much and meets more interesting characters. The humor mixed in with the whole crazy dangerous situations makes this book both laugh out loud funny and unexpected.


There’s even more happenings of a romantic nature too which was great. Nothing too mushy happens because this is more about adventure/surviving/and staying one step ahead of the bad guy.


The bad guy of this series is just so good at being evil.  He has crazy charisma and is insane/insanely good at lying.  He’s a real boogeyman character because you always expect him to be just around the corner. His plan is diabolical and well he usually never fails.


Guts is my favorite character and you learn even more about him through this story.  His partnership with Egg is strong even though they do fight they always have each others backs.  I'm pretty sure that they'd be lost without each other.


Millicent really grew on me as the story progressed.  I felt like Egg at times, pretty confused as to what the heck was going on with her.  She's probably the most conflicted character too for obvious reasons.  Let's just say that I really do feel sorry for her especially after the end of the book. I'm very curious as to what will happen to her.

There are some stupendous surprises in this book and more than one rather devious plan.  These are the kinds of surprises that will blindside you/make you really love this story.  The ending was so so well perfect and I for one can’t wait to read what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)