Wednesday, November 11, 2015

My Favorite Quotes/Lines - Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard: The Sword of Summer

Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard: The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan

* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)

“My name is Magnus Chase. I’m sixteen years old. This is the story of how my life went downhill after I got myself killed.”

“The guy was like a ninja. A homeless vampire ninja.”

“(Chocolate must be savored, not rushed.)”

“That’s a relief. I hate it when scholars disagree.”

“Myths are simply stories about truths we’ve forgotten.”

“In short, it was the saddest, flimsiest, most disgusting piece of scrap I’d ever magically pulled from a river.”

“Cool down, man. I have a corroded piece of metal and I’m not afraid to use it.”

“Bless their demented little hearts,...”

“Weakly, I raised my free hand. I flipped him a gesture that he wouldn’t need to know sign language to understand.”

“I never joke about calculus homework.”

“I wanted to be the harbinger of ice cream, or falafel.”

“Actually,” Blitz said, “humans don’t look that different from dwarves and elves.”

“It’s the Squirrel.”

“Our little hallway group was a veritable United Nations of Cussing.”

“Don’t be silly. Patterned fabric would look terrible on you.”

“What the Helheim?”

“Whenever I’m tempted to hug a dwarf, that’s usually a sign I need to move along.”

“Besides,” I said, “you don’t want my soul. It’s really small. I don’t use it much. I doubt it even works anymore.”

“They’d see the and assume it stood for ailure.”

“YARK!”

“It’s a really nice duck.”

“Yeah, that’s right. I’ve got a talking disco sword and you don’t.”

“As my vision went dark, Sam and Hearth helped me leap off the cliff. Because, you know, what are friends for?”

“But as you have probably figured out by now, I don’t listen to my common sense much.”

“Apparently,” I said, “if I heal too much at once, I glow.”

“You really should take better care of your elf. They need lots of sunshine—not this weak Jotunheim light. And you can’t overwater them by drowning them in rivers.”

“The bigger they are, the easier it is to fly up their nasal cavity.”

“As is so often the case, in the fresh light of morning our situation looked much worse.”

“We wouldn’t want to kill them rudely.”

“Hearthstone, trying to keep up with the conversation, signed I love you at the giant.”

“Just follow my lead,” I said. “It’ll be fun.” “Please,” Sam begged, “don’t let those words be carved on my tombstone.”

“Of course!” He laughed. “Thor without his flying chariot would be like a dwarf without an emergency parachute!”

“For every hero, a thousand cowards,” said Hel. “For every brave death, a thousand senseless ones. For every einherji…a thousand souls who enter my realm.”

““Somebody once told me that a hero’s bravery has to be unplanned—a genuine response to a crisis. It has to come from the heart, without any thought of reward.”

“My sign, he announced. My family’s sign. Blitzen sniffled. “I like that. A family of four empty cups!”

“Jack,” I said, “you are one awesome sword.”

“I was just happy to have this moment.”

8 comments:

  1. this helped on school project thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what page number is “Somebody once told me that a hero’s bravery has to be unplanned—a genuine response to a crisis. It has to come from the heart, without any thought of reward.” that quote in?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These quotes helped a lot on my school project. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)