Monday, December 28, 2015

Top Books That I Read in 2015

These are the best books that I’ve read in 2015 and they all got 5/5 gnomes that you can read if you click on the titles. Hopefully you’ll check some of them out and enjoy them too.

My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories Edited by Stephanie Perkins

Why I Loved it: This is an superb holiday filled book and I know it really put me in the holiday spirit. The stories are great and there is quite a mix of stupendous authors who can build whole worlds and characters in a short amount of time.


Vision in Silver by Anne Bishop

Why I Loved it: This series is fast becoming one of my favorites. Anne Bishop is just supernaturally good at world building and making you care so much about all of the characters. The book was pretty darn unputdownable.


A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab

Why I Loved it: It has such elaborate worlds and the characters just draw you right into the story. Each London location ends up feeling like a character too. It's just a magical read.


Alien Separation by Gini Koch

Why I Loved it: A plethora of possibilities await and this series never fails to make me happy. This book took a surprising turn and shows that there is still plenty to explore in this series


The Big Fix by Linda Grimes

Why I Loved it: I adore this series, it’s always so fun and weird (in a good way.) It’s one of those books where you just have to smile while reading it. I went back and forth between 4 and a half and 5 gnomes but the ending really sold it for me. This series is full of great characters and humor.


Chasing Impossible by Katie McGarry

Why I Loved it: Katie McGarry is definitely an auto-buy author for me. This story like all her others is hard to pull yourself away from because you just have to know what happens next. This book had some great surprises.


Talon by Julie Kagawa

Why I Loved it: The keyword for this book is intense. The tension, oh the tension while reading this story is so very palpable. The dual point of view really helps this tension and the story zoom right along.


Dumplin’ by Julie Murphy

Why I Loved it: So much awesomeness packed into a tiny book package. I just couldn’t put this book down. I read at every free opportunity and just fell in love with it all. The characters, the humor, the crazy situations, the drama, it all equals one heck of a good time.


The Martian by Andy Weir

Why I Loved it: It’s such a great character study. Here’s part of the formal letter I wrote to the book - Dear THE MARTIAN, I think I love you. You my dear are one of the best books I've read this year and I can't believe I took so long to read you. You made me laugh a lot and are full of many truly quotable quotes.


Carry On by Rainbow Rowell

Why I Loved it: Rowell’s version of fantasy is awesome. The magic system is fun and the characters are both weird and wonderful. It’s an amalgamation of so many great chosen one/fantasy stories yet it brings something shiny and new to the table.



Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson


Why I Loved it: So many feelings, I adore the heart and humor within these pages. You might not expect to actually LOL at a memoir but with this one you totally will. Plus just look at the cover (I know it makes me smile) it really stands out/shows you just a little of what to expect while reading


Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard: The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan

Why I Loved it: This new take on Norse mythology is really cool and the book definitely goes in unexpected directions right from the start. Magnus is a unique character that I can’t wait to read more about.


Alien in Chief by Gini Koch

Why I Loved it: Twelve books in now and I still adore the characters and care about what happens to all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)