Thursday, April 16, 2015

Review - Talon

Talon by Julie Kagawa

5 out of 5 gnomes

♩♫ I like it, I love it, I want some more of it. ♩♫ As you can see this book has me breaking into country music lyrics (and I don’t even like country music.)

It wasn't what I was expecting at all, I loved it.

The tension, oh the tension while reading this story is so very palpable. The dual point of view really helps this tension and the story zoom right along. Then another point of view is added in the second part of the book which also adds some good intrigue to the mix.

The duality of being a dragon trying to blend into human society also brings some friction to the story and leads to one of the most interesting takes on a love triangle that I've read in quite a while.

With Garret and Ember I like that they both for different reasons are just learning to blend into normal human society. It’s great seeing them grow and start to understand that they might just not belong where they always thought they did.

There’s a lot of wondering which one of them will find out the other’s secret first and what exactly will happen when they do.

The ending was so intense and I can’t wait to see what happens next.

2 comments:

  1. didn't this remind you of firelight by Sophie Jordan ?? I liked it too but it seemed similar to this one lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it does sound the same and I own Firelight but never did get around to reading it...

      Delete

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)