Thursday, April 9, 2015

Review - Shadow Scale


Shadow Scale by Rachel Hartman

* Read via NetGalley for review

3 gnomes and a gnome hat out of 5 gnomes

The beginning has a weird set up but I guess it’s a good way to go into what happened in the first book/recap it all. It just kind of threw me for a bit of a loop and took a while to get back into the story.

That was quite a twist on a love triangle that you don’t see every day. I think I would have liked to see more of the future of everything.

Seraphina’s search and struggles lead to meeting some really fascinating characters. The different half-dragons were really full of surprises.

There was kind of a messy feel to it all ending wise and some of the characters I feel really weren’t discussed enough I just want to know more about the various half-dragons.

Overall this was pretty great, not what I expected at all though. There is an epic fantasy feel to it all. I wish it had talked about more how the world changed overall. I really really wanted to know what happened with all the quigs.

2 comments:

  1. can i totally agree with you on this review..i agree about the romance and I wanted to see more of what happens in the end too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I really wanted to like this book more since I adored the first one. Yeah the ending was just kind of meh, I'm glad you wanted to know more too.

      Delete

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)