Thursday, May 21, 2015

Review - The Big Fix

The Big Fix by Linda Grimes

* Received a copy from the publisher for review.

5 gnomes out of 5 gnomes

I adore this series, it’s always so fun and weird (in a good way.) It’s one of those books where you just have to smile while reading it. I went back and forth between 4 and a half and 5 gnomes but the ending really sold it for me.

I figured out a pretty important twist but some others threw me for a loop. The whole murder mystery was surprising and I liked getting to see more of the ranch and especially Eeyore.  

The twist that I did figure out though let’s just say wow that was a real punch to the face and if you’re like me you’ll be thinking something along the lines of oh foccacia...

These characters really shine because you never know what’s going to happen next with all this adaptor craziness. It’s great seeing the plethora of personas that they all go in and out of.

All Ciel’s brothers and the entire family are always there for each other and you get to meet even more people from Billy’s family. Speaking of family, I almost fell out of my chair laughing while reading a supremely awkward yet hilarious scene that Ciel walked in on.

The whole ending scene was pretty darn perfect because I thought I saw a twist coming but it went the other way. If you like your book to be full of surprises and characters you’ll really care about, be sure to check out this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)