Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Sentence Sneak Peek - The Big Fix

The Big Fix by Linda Grimes


The first sentence from each chapter of The Big Fix, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

*Spoilers are highlighted like so :)
* Received a copy from the publisher for review.

“It’s not that I’m averse to holding on to something long and cylindrical, even if it does wiggle a bit.”

“Tell me again, cuz … how is this my fault?”

“I still don’t think we need to fly.”

“Billy was waiting at the barn.”

“Jackson Gunn’s face was all over the TV in the corner of the fitting room.”

“I took that as my cue to leave and surreptitiously texted an SOS to Billy.”

“I woke to the sound of pans clanging in the kitchen.”

Dave was sprawled on the cowhide sofa in the lounge, belly down and quietly moaning, bag of ice melting on his butt.”

“Finding myself on a plane for the fourth (or was it the fifth?”

“Nigel Overholt was even more impressive in person than he was on TV.”

“Are Sinead and Siobhan mad at me?”

“It had to be the longest week of my life.”

“Ciel!”

“If I hadn’t already figured out it was Billy at the wedding, I would have known it for sure when I saw the Chevy in the parking lot of The Barns.”

“I excused myself to go to the bathroom, and then, needing more time to sort out my feelings, decided to put on my robe and go downstairs.”

Billy was gone from the guest bed when I woke up, giving me a moment of panic until I heard him in the kitchen.”

The Golden Acres Funeral Home was a fair distance from Tinsel Town, but that didn’t stop the masses from showing up to gawk.”

“Billy and I picked up food at the In-N-Out drive-thru and checked into a hotel, where we proceeded to stuff our faces with their legendary Animal Style burgers (the grilled onions were fabulous) and Animal Style fries (topped with cheese, secret sauce, and more grilled onions) from the not-so-secret menu as we discussed our findings.”

“Back in Vegas, several three-ounce bottles of James’s magic potion (disguised as mouthwash) secreted in our carry-ons, Billy and I rented the biggest available car with tinted rear windows.”

“Billy took off to work some of his finessing magic with his Hollywood contacts while I went to fill in the blanks for Nigel and Lily-Ann.”

“Billy stayed in L.A.”

“Holy crap!”

“I raced to the soundstage as fast as my economy rental car and traffic would allow.”

“Jackson Gunn pulled his white Jag XJ convertible into the parking lot outside the warehouse.”

“What do we do with him now?”

“There was another woman in the holding cell when I was returned to it.”

“Nigel was waiting for me in his study, with the curtains drawn.”

Well, I can cross seeing Billionaires’ Beach off my bucket list,  I thought.”

“Within an hour, the video was mysteriously leaked to the press.”

“A few weeks later I lay on the couch in my condo, one of Auntie Mo’s lovingly made, but hideous, afghans tucked around me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)