Thursday, March 12, 2015

Review - A Darker Shade of Magic

A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab

5 out of 5 gnomes

Wow, this book is one crazy ride. There is some truly epic storytelling throughout. Each London is unique and leaves you wanting to know more about it.

Kell and his Antari magic are so intriguing, plus his many sided coat sounds so freaking cool. He has his share of troubles and has no idea where he really came from. The whole Antari magic is really interesting and makes you wonder if there are more of them out there.

Then there’s Lila a wanna be pirate/already a thief. I think I’ve guessed her secret and can’t wait to see if I’m right. Her attitude makes for quite the counterpoint to Kell. Her and Kell have some crazy chemistry so I foresee them either being best friends eventually or an awesome couple.

The whole elaborate world and characters just draws you in. The world building is so intense that each London really feels like its own character in the story.

There are plenty more answers that I’m eagerly waiting to discover. The story and the magic in this book are both refreshing and make for an addictive read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)