Monday, March 30, 2015

Sentence Sneak Peek - Flunked (Fairy Tale Reform School)

Flunked (Fairy Tale Reform School) by Jen Calonita

The first sentence from each chapter of Flunked, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)

* Read via NetGalley for review


Sometimes spying on low-level royals can be so boring.”


After a mega score like that dragon’s tooth comb, I always head home.”


Let me go, Olaf!”


So this is what the stepmonster looks like.”


Pete and Olaf are gone.”


Roomie!”


Thanks to a new hallway that appears  when we leave class, we make it to the stables in no time.”


As soon as the key turns in my dorm-room door, my eyes fly open.”


Good morning, class.”


Jax pushes me forward.”


Headmistress Flora feels the need to hand-deliver me to Madame Cleo’s detention the next day after classes, and I soon find myself standing in front of an oversized metal double door.”


Good morning, Fairy Tale Reform School!”


I’ll never see my siblings again.”


Ah, Miss Gillian.”


There she is!”


“Miss Gillian Cobbler—Your parents will be arriving to pick you up in the FTRS lobby Friday at 1 p.m. sharp!


When I sneak into the ballroom with Maxine a few hours later, I momentarily panic.”


I thought you were smarter, Cobbler,” Jocelyn says icily and flicks her annoying black cape so it billows out behind her.”


It took almost a week for the FTRS crew to clean up the mess left behind by Alva.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)