Tuesday, March 10, 2015

My Favorite Quotes/Lines - A Darker Shade of Magic

A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab

* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)

“Grey for the magic-less city.
Red, for the healthy empire.
White, for the starving world.”

A respectable prison is still a prison,...

“Grey London had forgotten magic long ago.”

“The people fed on the magic and the magic fed on them until it ate their bodies and their minds and then their souls.”

“You do not want it to remember.”

“Magic made things simple. Sometimes, thought Kell, it made things too simple.”

“What so many Grey-worlders didn’t seem to grasp was that a spell was only as strong as the person casting it.”

“He was, after all, Antari.
And Antari could speak to blood. To life. To magic itself.”

“They were tools, and in the wrong hands, weapons.”

Why do you want to die?
I don’t, she’d say. I just want to live.

“Why anyone would ever pretend to be weak was beyond her.”

“So you can use my magic to lure people into your bed?”

“Yes. Because unless you plan to wed me yourself—and don’t get me wrong, I think we’d make a dashing pair—I must try and find a mate.”

“Power in Balance. Balance in Power.”

A life worth having is a life worth taking.

“The Grey world knew so little of magic, had forgotten so much, but there was something in the girl’s gaze, a challenge that made him wonder if she would prove him wrong. If she could.

“Kell frowned (saints, even his brow hurt when it furrowed).”

“There’s Dull London, Kell London, Creepy London, and Dead London,” she recited, ticking them off on her fingers. “See? I’m a fast learner.”

“I’d rather die on an adventure than live standing still.”

“For luck,” she said, squaring her shoulders to the wall. “Not that I need it.”

“Love doesn’t keep us from freezing to death, Kell,” she continued, “or starving, or being knifed for the coins in our pocket. Love doesn’t buy us anything, so be glad for what you have and who you have because you may want for things but you need for nothing.”

“Because it was his duty to protect them.
And because he loved them.”

“Does he get into as much trouble as you do?”
Kell cracked a smile. “Oh, much more. Believe it or not, I’m the responsible one.”

“Some people steal to stay alive, and some steal to feel alive. Simple as that.”

“One adventure at a time,” she said.”

“The ones who think they’re ready always end up dead.”

Rhy frowned. “I love you, Kell, but I had no interest in matching tattoos.”

“I was myself entirely.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)