Wednesday, January 30, 2013

"Waiting On" Wednesday - Fuse

"Waiting On"  Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week I'm waiting on... 

Fuse by Julianna Baggott

* Book will be released February 19, 2013

Check out the description from Goodreads:

"When the world ended, those who dwelled within the Dome were safe. Inside their glass world the Pures live on unscarred, while those outside—the Wretches—struggle to survive amidst the smoke and ash.

Believing his mother was living among the Wretches, Partridge escaped from the Dome to find her. Determined to regain control over his son, Willux, the leader of the Pures, unleashes a violent new attack on the Wretches. It’s up to Pressia Belze, a young woman with her own mysterious past, to decode a set of cryptic clues from the past to set the Wretches free.

An epic quest that sweeps readers into a world of beautiful brutality, Fuse continues the story of two people fighting to save their futures—and change the fate of the world."

Pure was such a surprising book, the dark situations and plethora of characters made for a chilling/scary/addictive read.  Multiple points of view were used and really brought the whole story to life.  I can't wait to read what happens next and see where Fuse takes this engrossing/intriguing story.

16 comments:

  1. I haven't read Pure, but both look really intriguing. I'll have to go check this one out. Thanks for sharing.

    Check out my post here

    ~Danica Page@Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. You should definitely read PURE, the world building and characters are awesome.

      Delete
  2. Aww these are on my to-read lists too! :) I've yet to read the first one but 'Fuse' is sat on my Kindle waiting to be read.
    New follower!
    Here's my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice, thanks for following. Yeah I definitely recommend PURE, it was one of my favorite books of last year.

      Delete
  3. I haven't read Pure, but I like the sound from this series!

    WoW Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, yeah it's an intense read full of multiple character perspectives. You should definitely check it out. :)

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a good series.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/01/waiting-on-wednesday_30.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still have yet to read Pure but this series sounds so exciting! Should bump it up my TBR. :) Great pick!
    My WoW Pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is and if it does get turned into a movie it should be really interesting. Yeah definitely bump it up your TBR. Thanks for checking out Bibliognome. :)

      Delete
  6. I LOVED PURE! I have this ARC but I haven't gotten to it yet. EEPS!
    ------
    Giselle @ Book Nerd Canada
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, always glad to meet somebody that loves the same books. :) Yeah I'm in the same boat as you I have the ARC via Netgalley but haven't gotten to it yet because so many great books are released in January.

      Delete
  7. I haven't heard of this book, but it sounds great. I need to add this to my TBR.

    Halee @ Confessions of a Book Addict

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, yeah it looks like it will be a great sequel. Thanks :)

      Delete
  8. I haven't had the chance to read Pure yet but I'd love to read it.. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)