Sunday, June 12, 2011

Top 5 Sundays #43 – Books for an UF 1st Timer!


This feature was thought up by the awesome Larissa's Bookish Life
Rules:

1 - Write a post listing your TOP 5 choices within the theme I chose (or was chosen on a poll) for the week.
2 - Mention this Blog on the post and link back to it.
3 - Fell free to use the Feature's image (there is a smaller size version of it bellow)
4 - After you've finished your post, add you link (of the post, not your blog's main page) to the Mr.Linky at the end of that week's post.
5 – If you don’t have a blog to post, just leave your list in the comments =)  

Books for an UF 1st Timer!


I would recommend any of these books for anyone starting out with urban fantasy.  They are all the first books in a series and the continuing series of all of them are great.
A great start to a crazy series shows how cool unconventional heroines can be.
Aliens + a kick butt heroine who "thinks right" = a tremendous introduction to quite the interesting world. 
A hero with a unique talent and a super sense of humor.
A vampire heroine who's new to the world and learning the ropes of a very interesting vampire system. 
A superb debut and a great series to start if you love your fantasy humorous and full of quirky characters.

6 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of those but i have wrote them down,,to check into thanks for sharing
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following on the Top 5 Hop
    http://thephantomparagrapher.blogspot.com/2011/06/top-5-sunday-5-books-for-urban-fantasy.html

    I picked Chloe Neil's and I have Mind Games and Touched by an Alien on my Kobo to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks! Urban Fantasy is a great genre to choose from. :)

    Love Some Girls Bite!

    Here are mine: http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read the last three you mentioned. Will keep them in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...I should have put Hounded on my list as well. It was a great read. I've heard good things about Anton Strout as well. Great picks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Everyone, Thanks for all the comments. Yeah, I would recommend reading any of these they make perfect rereads too.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)