Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Sentence Sneak Peek - Wither

Wither by Lauren DeStefano

The first sentence from each chapter of Wither, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)


"I WAIT."

"FOR MALES twenty-five is the fatal age."

"IT'S NOT GABRIEL who wakes me in the morning, but a parade of women."

"IT'S MY TURN to keep watch."

"WHEN THE EVENING is at last through, I languish on the bed in my white slip while Deirdre rubs my sore feet."

"I WANT TO PLAY a game," Cecily says."

"I HOLD MY BREATH as they pass."

"THE ATTENDANTS arrive in abundance."

"LINDEN is so delighted about the pregnancy, and the mood of the house is so bright, that he offers all of us the freedom to tour the house and the gardens."

"IT SEEMS THAT leaves are always bursting with new colors."

"THE HOUSE doesn't blow away."

"THE AIR IS STILL."

"LINDEN SEEMS to have no idea that I sus-tained these injuries trying to run away from him."

"ALL NIGHT I dream of rivers, and beneath the water, brilliant sharp-leafed flowers."

"WHEN CECILY finishes playing her song, and the illusion shrinks back into the keyboard, she stretches her arms up over her head and cracks her knuckles."

"I DON'T SEE GABRIEL the next day."

"I'M SICK for the rest of the afternoon."

"LINDEN SAYS, "You and Jenna get along well, don't you?"

"I WORRY for the rest of the evening."

"WE WAIT, and we wait."

"ON THE MORNING of the winter solstice, Jenna manages to steal the lighter from an attendant after he lights the incense in the hall."

"THE BABY will not stop crying."

"JENNA WAS RIGHT."

"WE RETURN from the New Year's party in the early hours of morning, and my bedroom window lets in a smoggy blue light."

"IN THE MONTH before my escape, I spend all of my time outside."

"I TAKE the elevator to the ground floor and cross through the kitchen, expecting it to be empty."

"WE RUN for what fells like all night."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)