Wednesday, February 25, 2015

"Waiting On" Wednesday - Flunked

"Waiting On"  Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week I'm waiting on...  


Flunked by Jen Calonita


* Book will be released March 3, 2015

Check out the description from Goodreads:

"Would you send a villain to do a hero's job? An exciting new twisted fairy tale series from award-winning author Jen Calonita.

Full of regret, Cinderella's wicked stepmother, Flora, has founded the Fairy Tale Reform School with the mission of turning the wicked and criminally mischievous into upstanding members of Enchantasia.

Impish, sassy 12-year-old Gilly has a history of petty theft and she's not too sorry about it. When she lifts a hair clip, she gets tossed in reform school-for at least three months. But when she meets fellow students Jax and Kayla, she learns there's more to this school than its sweet mission. There's a battle brewing and she starts to wonder: can a villian villain really change?"



This book looks like a lot of fun. I really adore fresh takes on fairy tales so I look forward to whatever this book has in store.

14 comments:

  1. This sounds really interesting! Definitely add this one to my TBR list. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yeah I'm excited to read this one because I love fairy tale re-tellings. Hopefully you get to read it soon too.

      Delete
  2. I voted this as my favorite book cover for the month of March for another meme. So cute!

    Here's my post.

    Cheers,
    Page @ Never Enough Shelf Space

    ReplyDelete
  3. IMG! This book sounds amazing a reform school for the wicked? Amazing idea
    My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I really love the idea of this one. Here's hoping the story is good.

      Delete
  4. I think I've seen this one on Netgalley. I love the cover, although it doesn't sound like one I'd read. Great pick though!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, and it does have a great cover. Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  5. The cover of this one is reallyyy pretty! I used to love the Secrets of My Hollywood Life books by Calonita - they were my fun fictional escape aftee I finished with the Princess Diaries series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is. Nice, yeah this one looks like it'll be a great escape type book too.

      Delete
  6. Great pick! I read this book last week actually and I really enjoyed it! It was such an awesome take on fairy tales. :D
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a super fun read! I love anything fairy tale related. Great pick!
    My WoW: http://saraella.com/2015/02/waiting-on-wednesday-the-heart-of-betrayal.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it really does look great. Me too, I'm a huge fan of fractured/re-tellings of fairy tales.

      Delete

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)