Wednesday, January 21, 2015

"Waiting On" Wednesday - I'm Glad I Did

"Waiting On"  Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week I'm waiting on...  


I'm Glad I Did by Cynthia Weil

* Book will be released January 27, 2015
Check out the description from Goodreads:

"Mad Men meets Nashville in this debut mystery set in 1963, written by Grammy winner and Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Cynthia Weil.

It’s the summer of 1963 and JJ Green is a born songwriter—which is a major problem, considering that her family thinks the music business is a cesspool of lowlifes and hustlers. Defying them, she takes an internship at the Brill Building, the epicenter of a new sound called rock and roll.

JJ is finally living her dream. She even finds herself a writing partner in Luke Silver, a boy with mesmerizing green eyes who seems to connect instantly with her music. Best of all, they’ll be cutting their first demo with legendary singer Dulcie Brown. Though Dulcie is now a custodian in the Brill Building and has fallen on hard times, JJ is convinced that she can shine again.

But Dulcie’s past is a tangle of secrets, and when events take a dark turn, JJ must navigate a web of hidden identities and shattered lives—before it snares her, too."

This looks like the kind of contemporary YA that I haven’t read a lot of. Being about music/songwriting and a mystery should make for an interesting read. It's also a newish to me read because it takes place in the 60s while I was born in the 80s (but I love the music from the 60s too.)

8 comments:

  1. Oooh, something I'd like to read as well. Music!

    Here's my Wednesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes, it sounds like it'll be good. Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  3. What a cool cover! Love the headband and it just says "1960's".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the cover really tells you a lot about the book. :)

      Delete

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)