Wednesday, January 14, 2015

"Waiting On" Wednesday - Doctor Who: Official Guide on How to be a Time Lord

"Waiting On"  Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week I'm waiting on... 
Doctor Who: Official Guide on How to be a Time Lord by various (aka doesn't really say who the author is.)

* Book will be released January 20, 2015
Check out the description from Goodreads:

"-This is the definitive guide on how to be a Time Lord written by the ancient Time Lords but hilariously improved/sabotaged by the Eleventh Doctor as a gift for his successor, the Twelfth Doctor. Throughout the factual Time Lord sections, the Doctor has crossed things out, added funny scribbles, silly doodles and post-it notes. The central section has been ripped out by an impatient Doctor and replaced with far more important/interesting stuff such as how to correctly wear a fez or dip a fish finger into custard, and other crucial things about how to be a time-travelling hero just like him."

I love Doctor Who and this looks like it’ll be a fun read. Plus it looks to have some great stuff included form the 11th Doctor.

10 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing! I hadn't heard of this, but of course I *must* have it :)

    Here's my WOW pick.

    Kimberly
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by :) Yes, I was happy to find this one and can't wait to buy it.

      Delete
  2. Oh, this looks FABULOUS!! I LOVE science fiction, but have to learn more about the Dr. Who series, which I've never watched. (Or read about, for that matter. Yeah, I know, I've been away from the galaxy for a while.....)

    The cover is just GORGEOUS, and the synopsis had me grinning from ear to ear, so this book is DEFINITELY joining my collection!! Thanks for putting it in my space-time continuum!! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet, you should definitely check it out and of course watch the show too. :)

      Delete
  3. I love Doctor Who. It definitely has a pretty cover. Plus I really like the synopsis of it. Perfect book for fans of Doctor Who. Awesome pick.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yeah the cover really draws you in and it does look like it'll be a pretty fun read.

      Delete
  4. Love the tv series but haven't read the books, how many are there?
    here's our WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice, there are a bunch of different books about the different doctors and they're pretty all over the place length/style-wise.

      Delete

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)