Friday, January 30, 2015

Review - Hellhole

Hellhole by Gina Damico

* Read via NetGalley and a copy I bought too

4 out of 5 gnomes


This book is well pretty super duper insane but in a good way. The only reason I rated it 4 instead of 5 gnomes was that I saw what the ending was going to be a little too easily and some questionable choices the characters made. Overall though this is one heck of an interesting read.


There are a myriad of funny quotes/lines in this book as you can see from my previous post. The humor really makes it though especially in the beginning and when Max gets drunk even one of the deaths in the book was pretty darn hilarious.


I do like Damico’s Croak series better but I do continue to love her writing style and dark sense of humor. I’m always looking forward to whatever she writes next. This book also shows how great the author is at setting up the scenes emotion wise and getting your feelings all jumbled up (just like Max.)

Burg, well he was quite the devil but I think I was expecting him to be less evil than he was (in that way I guess I underestimate him just like Max does.) Saying that though there are some really darn funny lines from him and of course plenty of bad behavior.


There are some great characters in this book. Max’s mom was a really cool, I loved her attitude and how she treated Max. Lore and her secrets made for some awesome twists and turns. I thought Audie was going to have a bigger part to play.

The ending really worked well because it shows you why Faustian bargains aren’t exactly the best ideas and then shows how Max and everyone will move on with their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)