Worst Book of 2013:
The worst book of 2013 for me was Allegiant by Veronica Roth, that book just pretty much wrecked me/broke my brain for a solid week or so.
Here’s a link to my Review/Rant of Allegiant (the review is spoiler free but the rant has some spoilers so beware if you check it out): http://bibliognome1.blogspot.com/2013/11/reviewrant-allegiant.html
Here are my biggest issues (spoiler free) with the book:
* I read the author’s explanation for why she felt she had to end it that way and see why she thinks like that but everybody is entitled to an opinion and sees things differently and I definitely saw it differently. I just don’t think the ending fit the tone that was previously set up.
* It felt like it wasted so much potential with the characters and the story.
* Certain aspects that seemed to be of the utmost importance turn out to not really be as important as implied.
* I was so freaking mad/sad at this ending because I really thought a different ending was being set up.
* With this ending I kind of wish that this trilogy had been a standalone.