Friday, September 2, 2011

Rautu Romance




To start off as always the tiara wearing bats. This book can happily claim to have 4 out of 5 of them as fans.

I love the way that the characters have life without every last little thing they do or part of their life having to be listed on the page. You are able to get a really good feel for how they are.

A good portion of the story, at least in the beginning, is that it's told a lot from the overview point of view. Normally I do hate books that glaze over stuff in this fashion but this author does a great job of picking spots and events to do more detailed almost snap shot scenes of.

I love the commanders transformations from Farmer's daughter to girl out for revenge to military leader and closest friend of the king. It is great to watch this journey and it explains a lot of who and how she is.

It is nice to see the commander and her giant and how they interact, seeing them go from allies to friends and then so much more.

The island scenes make me want to explore this beautiful place. Although with how curious I get I am pretty sure I would have been kicked off of the island my first day there ie ( woops which symbol was on that door).

My favorite character is Ghelbhi. The fact that her name translates to destruction/destroyer is so perfect. The scene with the ships was amazing to picture. And things at the exam just make me think, more please. She just keeps getting more and more interesting.

My main complaint with this book is that I want volume two and don't have it. It has a cliff hanger ending and so much potential storyline left untapped. Looking forward to more.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the review :D Vol. 2 will be out soon. Enjoy the rest of the series and the free novels :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, glad you liked the review, it was a fun read.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)