Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sentence Sneak Peek - Lola and the Boy Next Door

Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
 
The first sentence from each chapter of Anna and the French Kiss, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

* ARC read via Around The World ARC Tours
* Book will be released September 29, 2011
* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)

“I have three simple wishes.”

“
She’s just as beautiful as she is on television.”

“
My supervisor is rearranging the saltshakers.”

“
He’s sitting in his window.”

“
Max picks his black shirt off his apartment floor and pulls it on.”

“
When I was five years old, Cricket Bell built an elevator.”

“
He was doing it right there in the open!”

“
I should’ve wished for the gumball.”

“
It’s embarrassing to admit, but whenever Max and I are on a date, I want to stay out longer, walk farther, talk louder, so more people will see us together.”

“
The moon is fat, but half of her is missing.”

“
The more I think about our conversation, the more frustrated I get.”

“
Andy said that?”

“
It’s been years since I’ve been here, but Muir Woods still makes me feel as if I’ve stepped into a fairy tale.”

“Skin and bones.”

“
I shouldn’t have come here.”

“
Nathan wakes me up early so we can talk before school.”

“
Ta-da!”

“
I’m encouraging him.”

“
I’m ambushed as I pass the Bell house the next morning, but not by the preferred twin.”

“
Lola?”

“
I love watching Max onstage.”

“
I’m discussing Max with the moon, but it’s supremely unsatisfying.”

“
I like to try new things.”

“
Loooo-laaaa.”

“
I’m dizzy.”

“
The rational side of me knows that I need some kind of release.”

“
Nathan grabs Cricket by the shoulders and throws him off my bed.”

“
Cricket isn’t the only thing I have to earn.”

“
It’s the Sunday before school resumes, and my parents are on a date.”

“
Max has always known what to say—and when to say it—to make it hurt the worst.”

“
The doorbell rings early the next Saturday.”

“
I work all day and night on Calliope’s costume—seam-ripping the old ones, stitching new pieces together, adding flourishes from my own stashes—only stopping for a quick break at my window around midnight.”

“
The wig comes on, and I’m . . . almost happy.”

“
Moonlight shines into my bedroom and reveals his fragile state.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)