Monday, November 5, 2012

Sentence Sneak Peek - Poppy Awake

Poppy Awake by Riana Lucas

The first sentence from each chapter of Poppy Awake, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)
* Received book from the author for review


Poppy!

“I begin to make my way down the hall and hear Willow scrambling to catch up behind me.”

“The Queen and I are both silent as we eat our meals.”

“As I make my way back to my room, I stop occasionally to study the paintings with new interest.”

“Although I am able to admit the beauty of this Fae and the fact that his presence gave me pause, I find that I am not attracted to him in any way.”

“I attack Gideon with an intensity that I do not usually have when training.”

“The dining hall at the Seelie Court is a typical Fae dining hall.”

It is dark as I make my way down the corridor.”

“I found myself completely and utterly speechless.”

“Well, is everyone ready?”

“I walk quickly out of the breakfast room, heading down the hall toward the main entrance of the Queens Castle.”

“Shimmering into the forest, I immediately unsheathe my daggers before crouching low to the ground.”

“After what seems like an eternity, we finally reach the edge of the forest and the boarder that will lead us to the Unseelie Court.”

Damien does not even bother to say more.”

“Walking into the massive Throne Room I briefly glance around, taking note that even though everything has changed, nothing really had.”

“I hear gasps along with muttered curses from behind me, revealing the obvious shock from my friends.”

“I stand next to Reed staring into the stall, frozen in shock.”

“I curl my body around Rho, crying like I have never cried before.”

“It could have been minutes or it could have been days.”

“Now I lay in bed, eyes closed from a short nap, just listening.”

“I whirl around so quickly that I stumble and have to grab the back of the chair to keep from falling.”



A Tiny Reverse Vampire Post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)