Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Perilous Poppy

Poppy Awake by Riana Lucas

* Received book from the author for review



***if you have not read the first book all of this review is a spoiler***

5 out of 5 tiara wearing bats

The first book pulled in a wonderful cast of characters and the this one kept up that pattern.  My new favorite character is Willow.  I love Willow. She is shy and starts as just the handmaiden assigned to Poppy.  Once they become friends she gains so much more depth and even brings out a different side of Poppy.  Lots of new characters are added and I like how they are introduced into the story.

The Fae woods is one of my favorite places.  All the different Fae that are spoken of are really interesting and I would love to see artwork inspired by this book.  As this series continues you get to see more and more of the two separate courts.  They pretty much represent light and dark incarnate almost with the woods between as the many shades of gray. 


My favorite new element that was added gives me great respect for the queen is her paintings.  It is awesome to see a castle with no dungeons, yet the prisoners are getting punished just the same.  

As families are revealed and friends are made this book does not disappoint.  The story is full of twists and turns and will make you cry at least once.  This was definitely one of my favorite sequels I have read this year and well worth your time to sit and read.


A Tiny Reverse Vampire Review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)