Sunday, September 9, 2012

Mini Reviews

Redshirts by John Scalzi

5 gnomes out of 5 gnomes

I love this book.  The concept is so cool and if you are at all a fan of Star Trek then you will most likely adore it too.  This is quite the trippy book but once your wrap your brain around everything that’s going on, it becomes a really interesting read.  The ending really brought everything together in a great way.



I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga

4 out of 5 gnomes

Now this is one genuinely creepy book.  If you are prone to nightmares or easily grossed out then this is definitely not the book for you.  The horror and gore factor here is really high.  The main character Jazz, is the son of Billy Dent a notorious serial killer.  Jazz is doing everything in his power not to turn out like Billy. His journey is fascinating because you can see that he indeed does have the potential to be like Billy but he's choosing not to be. The ending is also pretty scary and well worth reading.

6 comments:

  1. I really need to read I Hunt Killers. I got the book at ALA and it came in an evidence bag lol Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should it's really good and surprisingly scary/with some great twists.

      Nice, it is indeed very appropriate/goes along well with the book that you got the book in an evidence bag. :)

      Delete
  2. I LOVED Redshirts. Kind like a sci-fi Cabin in the Woods. I had no idea what I Hunt Killers was about and it sounds intriguing. It's definitely on my tbr now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, REDSHIRTS was an awesome read. I loved the ending and how it wrapped everything up. I figured saying anything more then what I did in the mini review would be full of spoilers. :)

      Yes, I HUNT KILLERS is definitely intriguing and has one heck of an ending.

      Delete
  3. Hello, I hope you don't mind, but I would like to invite you on the debut Giveaway on one of my blogs: http://handmade-diaries.blogspot.com/2012/09/kraft-studios-giveaway-international.html

    Hope you can join,
    Michikit :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)