Monday, October 17, 2011

Sentence Sneak Peek - Truth

Truth by Julia Karr

The first sentence from each chapter of Truth, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

* ARC read via Around The World ARC Tours
* Book will be released January 19, 2012
* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)

"I was contemplating what would happen to me if anyone discovered that I'd killed Ed when Mr. Haldewick's voice broke through my brooding."

"Derek, Mike, and I headed to Mickey's for lunch."

"When Dee and I got home, Pops was sitting in his favorite chair, his prosthetic leg propped up against the side table, his crutch lying on the floor next to it."

"It was the last day of school before Holiday break."

"When I got outside, Wei was waiting for me."

"Halfway home I was lucky enough to snag a trans and got there faster than I'd thought possible."

"The nurse would allow only one of us at a time in the cube, so Harriet and Dee stayed in the waiting room."

"It was freezing outside, and dark."

"To me, Wei's house was the most beautiful place I'd ever been."

"I hopped off the trans and looked across Michigan Avenue at the front of the Art Institute."

"By the time we got back to our old apartment, Chris and his friends had already packed and moved most of our things to a storage unit."

"When we got back to our new home, I put Gran and Pops's things in the room they would eventually share."

"Before I click us all on together," Wei said, "I need to warn you . . . Paulette Gold is one of the Sisterhood."

"On the way to Soma, my head was full of thoughts about Pops, Gran, and the writ."

"Sal and Wei followed me outside."

"You awake?"

"A few hours later, Dee peered around the door of my room."

"Once inside, the same reception bot as before performed the obligatory weapons and ID scan."

"I was so busy congratulating myself on not messing anything up, I ended up on the local rather than the express trans."

"Later, Mrs. Jenkins invited Dee and me into her study."

""It was nice not having to worry about school for a while."

"I woke up the next morning surprised I'd slept so soundly, especially considering what was in store for the day."

"On the way home we stopped at Metro."

"I left Dee in the kitchen, absorbed in her newfound fascination with cooking, and headed over to Harriet's."

"Nina!"

"I'd expected Dee to be the one bounding out of bed at five a.m., not me."

"After dinner, Angie and Leo offered give Miss Maldovar a ride home on their way to Leo's folkd."

"There was nothing like an Alert with breakfast."

"I'm going out with some friends for a bit," I told Dee."

"You can't wear that, Nina."

"I was busy cataloguing a shipment of early twenty-second-century performance-art chips when Martin joined me."

"Between Wei, her mother, and Dee, I didn't have much of a say in how I spent New Year's Eve day."

"When I got home, it was fifteen minutes to midnight."

"Sleep turned out to be a cure for nothing."

"How about a cup of coffee?"

"Nina, wake up."

"Thankfully, when I got home, Dee was in the kitchen and didn't see me come in."

"First day back to school after Holiday, and Mr. Haldewick gave us a pop quiz."

"What are you doing?"

"Derek, Mike, and I were in our usual booth at Mickey's having lunch."

"When the adrenaline had finally worn off, and the veljet was far away from Chicago, my shoulder started throbbing, and my eyes got heavy."

Epilogue - "I've been in the GUI for almost a month."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)