Thursday, October 13, 2011

Sentence Sneak Peek - Dark Eden

Dark Eden by Patrick Carman

The first sentence from each chapter of Dark Eden, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

* Read this ARC via Once Upon a Twilight Book Tours
* Book will be released November 1, 2011
* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)

"Why are you hiding in this room all alone?"

"The hulking mass of Fort Eden is alive."

"I needed answers the monitors wouldn't give me."

"I didn't worry as much about Kate as I had Ben, and I expected to worry even less about Connor."

"An hour after Connor Bloom and Alex Chow were cured, Mrs. Goring drove the metal cart down the ramp and I dialed the light off just as she threw open the door to the basement."

"In hindsight, the thing that bothered me the most when I discovered what was happening to me was how blind I'd been."

"When we arrived at the pond, Avery Varone was sitting alone on the dock."

"ONE MONTH LATER

We asked you a question, Will."

"RECORDED SOME TIME LATER,

AFTER FURTHER CONSIDERATION

Fears and Afflictions

I'll never know for sure why the seven were chosen or if the things we feared mattered."

"THE COLORS AND

The Masque of the Red Death"

BLUE
PURPLE
GREEN
ORANGE
WHITE
VIOLET
BLACK
For weeks and weeks I mulled over the colors of the rooms."

"The Pearl, The Woman in the Dunes,
AND RAINSFORD

I'm curious about when Rainsford first entered the world, but regardless of when it was, the use of The Pearl tells me a lot about his world view."

"A FINAL NOTE

Rainsford could have done without all of these flour-ishes."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)