Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sentence Sneak Peek - Enthralled: Paranormal Diversions

ENTHRALLED: PARANORMAL DIVERSIONS Edited by Melissa Marr & Kelley Armstrong

The first sentence from each story in Enthralled: Paranormal Diversions, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

*All first sentences are from an ARC I read via Around The World ARC Tours



Introduction: "Most anthologies start with a theme."

"
Before I was awake or aware, before my heart began to beat, Cairo was there."

"
Where should we go next?"

"
No one drove on Red Run at night."

"LAWRENCE

The thing about genies is they still act like it's a big deal when they show themselves to me—even though I've been around them for almost three years now."

"
Emma, wake up!"

"
I want this."

"
As I lay on my back, gasping for breath, I began to sus-pect that Tori enjoyed our self-defense lessons a little too much."

"
A vampire craze has taken the world by storm."

"
Everyone knows
Elvis died in the bathroom."

"
Rafe stopped where he was in the middle of the blacktop and stared out ahead of him, straining to see through the darkness."

"
Before my father left for good, he put the small glass sphere down on the table in the three-room apartment where we lived."

"
The worst thing about cannibal Girl Scouts are the badges."

"
The thing I mostly care about," I repeat, "is the food."

"
Blood still seeped from the wound in her thigh."

"
We have to go to San Antonio."

"
There was a new vending machine at the Morganville Blood Bank."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)