Monday, April 29, 2013

Question of the day - Novellas, yay or nay?


Novellas, yay or nay?

I don't know about you but I've noticed an influx of novellas that continue or enhance stories out there.  The question is to read or not to read them. I'm a bit bothered when they aren't free to read because with not knowing what they're going to say you never know if they'll be important to future stories so if you're like me you end up spending the money.  I know that they can enhance your knowledge of other characters but sometimes I wonder why the author just didn't introduce this character or fact in a different way in the story to begin with.  I'll probably continue to buy novellas I was just wondering how others felt about them.

2 comments:

  1. If you enjoy the story, why not?

    I just read The Call of the Wild (http://manoflabook.com/wp/?p=3445) and thought it was great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, yeah I usually do end up buying the novella/story because I need to know what happens next or why a character's a certain way. :)

      Delete

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)