Wednesday, August 3, 2011

"Waiting On" Wednesday - Pure by Julianna Baggott

"Waiting On"  Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking  the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 

This week I'm waiting on...

Pure by Julianna Baggott
* Book will be released on February 8, 2012

I can't wait to read this book, the description just kind of grabs you and makes you wonder what happens next.  It looks like quite an interesting dystopian type read.

Check out the description from Goodreads.com:
"A dystopian novel about a society of haves, who escaped an apocalypse in a futuristic dome-covered city, and have-nots, who survived the nearly destroyed outside world. The have-nots are almost entirely marked or mutated in some manner.

PURE centers around the story of Pressia, a 16-year-old survivor with a doll’s head fused into her left hand, and Partridge, an unmarked Pure who has escaped the Dome to find his mother, certain that she has survived the cataclysm. "

4 comments:

  1. I love Dystopian books! This cover looks so awesome and the summary makes it seem like a good book! Nice pick this week!

    Here's my WoW! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited about this too! Dystopian books are my vice! Great pick this week! See what I'm waiting on over at Fuzzy.Coffee.Books if ya like!
    Courtney
    *new follower

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jessica, Thanks, I love dystopian books too and knew that I wanted to read this book especially after reading the description.

    @BookJunkie, Thanks. Cool, yeah I've even pre-ordered this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Amazing review - so much details and discussion on aspects of the book. I love gritty, stark world-building (that's what makes true dystopia IMHO), with great character development and romance as well. Sounds like my kind of book and can't wait to read it!

    Thanks so much!

    Marlene Detierro (Seward Fishing)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)