Friday, August 19, 2011

Sentence Sneak Peek - Half-Blood

Half-Blood by Jennifer Armentrout

The first sentence from each chapter of Half-Blood, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

* All first sentences are from an ARC I read via Around The World ARC Tours

* Book will be released on September 15, 2011
* Spoilers are highlighted like this :)



“MY EYES SNAPPED OPEN AS THE FREAKISH SIXTH sense kicked my fight or flight response into overdrive.”

“WHATEVER MY HEAD RESTED ON FELT FIRM, BUT ODDLY comfortable.”

“THOSE WORDS SHOCKED ME INTO SILENCE.”

“THE WAY HER MOUTH DROPPED OPEN AS SHE FELL backwards almost made up for her cruel words.”

“THE FOLLOWING DAY WAS LIKE GOING BACK IN TIME for me—up way too early to think straight and wearing clothes made to get my butt kicked in.”

“I WANTED TO CURL UP IN A HOLE AND DIE.”

“I TOOK A STEP BACK.”

“I WAS BEING PUNISHED.”

“ALEX!”

“SPRAWLED ACROSS THE MATS, GOING THROUGH THE motions of the cool-down stretches a couple of days later, Aiden decided to let me in on why Marcus had wanted to see him.”

“NOTHING EXISTED BUT THOSE WORDS.”

“BY SUNDAY EVENING, I COULDN’T HIDE IN MY ROOM anymore.”

“PRACTICE WAS EPICALLY AWKWARD THE FOLLOWING day.”

“I PRETENDED NOTHING WAS WRONG THE NEXT DAY IN practice.”

“JUST BEFORE DAWN,
THE FUNERAL FOR THOSE MUR-derered at Lake Lure began and … well, it sucked in the way all funerals did.”

AS AIDEN GUIDED ME TO HIS COUCH AND SAT ME DOWN, he had this look about him.”

“BESIDES BEING ABNORMALLY PALE, KAIN LOOKED like … Kain.”

“HOLY CRAP.”

“JUST LIKE THAT.”

“I WOKE UP STARING AT THE SOFT GLOW OF FLUOR-escent ceiling lights.”

“IT WAS POSSIBLY THE FIRST TIME I’D EVER SEEN HIM show any extreme emotion.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)