Monday, February 28, 2011

Sentence Sneak Peek - Bad Taste in Boys

Bad Taste in Boys by Carrie Harris

The first sentence from each chapter of Bad Taste in Boys, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

*All first sentences are from an ARC I read via Around The World ARC Tours 
*Book will be released July 12, 2011




"You're one of those genius types," said Coach, nudging me with a beefy elbow."

"You'll be my lab partner today, won't you Kate?"

"After the game, my brother Jonah met me outside the locker room wearing a giant chicken suit."

"I spent the first minute of our sprint trying not to squeal in Aaron-induced excitement and the next minute trying not to trip over anything."

"The EMTs looked back and forth between Mike and me, trying to determine whether they ought to be treating the butt groper or the screaming hysteric."

"I vaulted out of the car the second we pulled into our driveway."

"Bryan's mom answered the door of their tiny little ranch house."

"When I came to, it felt like someone had stabbed me in the frontal lobe."

"The lunch line inched along at a funeral pace."

"I had a late lunch period, so I only needed to endure AP History and Calculus II before I was free to put my plan into action."

"I took the vials straight to the chem lab."

"I could see the glow of our house all the way from the end of the block."

"I stared at the empty table and tried not to panic."

"I forgot to set my alarm, but I was such an overachiever that I woke myself up without it."

"Our bus was always ungodly early, so the chem lab was dark and empty when I arrived."

"We walked the rest of the way to bio in silence."

"I felt pretty guilty rifling through Mrs. Rooney's desk again, but not guilty enough to stop."

"Mike Luzier stood in the doorway."

"Forty minutes later, I swung into my driveway."

"The waiting area at the health department was packed with chil-dren running around and screaming at the top of their lungs."

"I could tell the difference between an immature-freshman-type scream and a zombies-are-chasing-me scream, and I immediately knew this was the former."

"I felt an intense wave of déjà vu as I knelt by Mike's prone body with Aaron by my side."


"A huge stretch of woods ran along the back of our school."

"I woke up in a dim room, covered with sheets that smelled funny."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)