Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Sentence Sneak Peek - Summer Days & Summer Nights: Twelve Love Stories



The first sentence from each chapter of Summer Days & Summer Nights: Twelve Love Stories, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

* Read via NetGalley

“There were a lot of stories about Annalee Saperstein and why she came to Little Spindle, but Gracie’s favorite was the heat wave.”


“I don’t realize how early I am until I open the door.”


“On the last night of the Cinegore, the sky looked like it needed to call in sick, all yellow-green going dark around the edges like an infected cut, a summer storm heading in hard.”


“It was the first night of summer vacation when my friends M and L and I piled into J’s VW Bug and drove to Phases, the teen dance club deep in the San Fernando Valley, to escape sorrow and find the thing that we were looking for.”


“Marigold hated this time of year.”


“Maybe I’ve just been reading too much Charles Dickens recently, but today doesn’t seem dreary enough for a breakup, you know?”


“There must have been some kind of mistake,” I said.”


“Dear reader, I want to assure you that this is not a story about love or romance, regardless of what you may have read on the cover.”


“Audrey and I are lounging on the sandy banks of Foster Avenue Beach when she tells me she’s going to San Francisco.”


“It was a dark carnival.”


“When I spot him at the other end of the grocery aisle, I freeze.”

“It was August 4th, and I guess it already had been for a while.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)