Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Review - The Shifter Romances the Writer

The Shifter Romances the Writer by Kristen Painter

* Rant/Spoilers highlighted like so :)

3 gnomes and a gnome hat out of 5 gnomes

This series continues to be a lot of fun. You find out about more intriguing characters in each book. Plus you find out more news about a character from a previous book that will definitely make you smile.

This time you get the story of Roxy and Alex. She's human and he's a panther shifter. You can tell right away where the conflict will be. I do like the way they meet and their chemistry is pretty good.

Seeing the town once again from a human perspective is interesting. The whole pace felt a bit fast and I would have liked more time for the conflict to gel. It was all over just a bit more neatly then I would have liked.

My rant = Why can't Roxy just be a human, the whole thing bothered me a bit since I'm pretty sure Alex was fine with it. It's a cool solution yes but just seems a bit easy. Plus the whole worrying about whether she was crazy too felt a bit wrong because do supernaturals just not have mental illnesses?

Overall these books are unputdownable and well worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)