Thursday, May 5, 2016

Review - The Girl on the Train

The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins

3 gnomes and a gnome hat out of 5 gnomes

This was a gripping crazy read. I’m usually not a fan of unreliable narrators but this story really draws you in. It wasn’t what I expected but boy was it good and guessing who the big bad was isn’t easy because throughout you’ll suspect everybody.

The only truly confusing part I found was the timeline of when certain events were happening. Plus the wording might make you pause at times and have you trying to remember who’s point of view you’re reading.

It was fascinating getting a glimpse into three very different lives and seeing how they intersect in surprising ways. It was great seeing events from two different sides and imagining what your own perspective would be on everything.

Rachel is a hard character to love but well her perspective is indeed interesting and lets you see the world in a different way. Lots of her choices are questionable but they do drive the story.

My favorite part was the ending where everything just so neatly started to fit together. I especially loved how Rachel and Anna leave everything.

I think this’ll make a fantastic movie (the ending especially) and I know I’ll be sure to see it ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)