Wednesday, October 22, 2014

"Waiting On" Wednesday - Talon

"Waiting On"  Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week I'm waiting on...  

Talon by Julie Kagawa

* Book will be released October 28, 2014

Check out the description from Goodreads:

"Long ago, dragons were hunted to near extinction by the Order of St. George, a legendary society of dragon slayers. Hiding in human form and growing their numbers in secret, the dragons of Talon have become strong and cunning, and they're positioned to take over the world with humans none the wiser.

Ember and Dante Hill are the only sister and brother known to dragonkind. Trained to infiltrate society, Ember wants to live the teen experience and enjoy a summer of freedom before taking her destined place in Talon. But destiny is a matter of perspective, and a rogue dragon will soon challenge everything Ember has been taught. As Ember struggles to accept her future, she and her brother are hunted by the Order of St. George.

Soldier Garret Xavier Sebastian has a mission to seek and destroy all dragons, and Talon's newest recruits in particular. But he cannot kill unless he is certain he has found his prey: and nothing is certain about Ember Hill. Faced with Ember's bravery, confidence and all-too-human desires, Garret begins to question everything that the Order has ingrained in him: and what he might be willing to give up to find the truth about dragons."


I’ve really liked what I’ve read of some of Kagawa’s previous work and can’t wait to see her take on dragons. I love dragons and hope this is an interesting take/addition to the lore/genre.

12 comments:

  1. I know a lot of people are waiting for this one. Me, I'm one of them too.
    At least the wait isn't too long now.

    Happy Midweek!

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are excited for this book as well. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yes I can't wait to see what she does with dragons.

      Delete
  3. Can't wait to read this one either. Been wanting to pick up a book about dragons :)

    Happy Hump Day!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should be awesome or at least I'm crossing my fingers and toes hoping that it'll be.

      Delete
  4. Can't wait for this, I really loved her Blood of Eden series, so hoping it's just as good. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book is so good!! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!
    Here's my WoW: http://thecouchpotatoesdigest.blogspot.com/2014/10/waiting-on-wednesday-court-of-thorns.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I am 100% waiting for this one right along with you!! Even though I STILL haven't read anything by Kagawa yet (hides) I've heard wonderful things! And, of course, ALL her books are on my to-be-read list. Including this one ;-) Fantastic pick ^^ I hope you get your hands on this one soon :D

    *New follower via GFC*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet, don't worry I haven't read everything she's written either but what I have read was awesome. :)

      Delete

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)