Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Eager Earthbound

Earthbound by Aprilynne Pike

* Received from the publisher for review.

3 gnomes out of 5 gnomes

Earthbound you have a great premise, you really do.  The thing is I was more than a little confused by you and what the heck was going on.  

You went and drew me in with your main character who seems like a great person who’s been dealt a horrible tragedy.  I was all for rooting for Tavia and seeing what she was going to do next/how she was going to move on with her life.  She is quite the character and it takes her awhile but she does find some real initiative in her life and wants to know her true purpose.

I was even all for the love interest at first and then it becomes a love triangle (a very strange love triangle but still a triangle.)  This triangle will definitely have you rooting more for one side over the other.  

All the paranormal/weirdness of this book intrigued me at first but it also confused the heck out of me.  I am looking forward to finding out more about this world and if Tavia really has a right choice in all of this.

I would like more power from the bad guys and an explanation for what they believe.  I’m not usually able to see twists in books as far ahead of time as I did with Earthbound, the main character has to be pretty darn dense not to figure out that somethings going on sooner.

I really liked your ending Earthbound because you switched things up in a good way and made me actually wonder what’s going to happen next. I look forward to the next book and am hoping there’s more explanation and that Tavia continues to grow as an awesome character. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)