Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Review - Indelible

Indelible by Dawn Metcalf

* Read via Wastepaper Prose for an ARC tour. Also read via NetGalley
* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)

* ARC read via a tour put on by Wastepaper Prose.  Also read via NetGalley

3 gnomes out of 5 gnomes

Oh Indelible, I really did not get along with you at first, you’re actually one of the first books in quite a while that I thought I might not be able to finish.  Everything is just so convoluted at first in your plot and it doesn’t gel until well over page 100.  Plus it drove me insane having two characters with the same name just spelled differently.  You were part of a tour though and your synopsis was ever so intriguing.  I am glad that I soldiered on further into the book though because finding out about the Twixt is when things truly get interesting.  

Let’s just say that I’m not a fan of Joy and Ink’s first meeting because it doesn’t exactly end well for Joy. Much is explained later but wow that is not the way you ever want to meet somebody.  I was so very confused by the new world at first but once more gets explained it and all the denizens you get to meet are much easier to understand.

Joy is not exactly a likable character at first, she’s one of those characters that might take a bit to grow on you.  She seemed rather obnoxious in the beginning of the book.  
The choices she makes are questionable at times and it’s not until a lot more gets explained that her actions become more reasonable.

Ink seemed to be just the stereotypical dark fae type character, you know the fae that automatically hates humans and is closed off from the world.  His character was one that I really enjoyed reading about though because you see him changing much faster than Joy does.  Him learning to be human is a great part of the story.

I kind of wish that the characters had been written as older because with Ink he’s more of an idea then a person so it’s kind of like if a girl fell in love with the idea of the Easter Bunny or something.   The action picks up at the end and I love that Joy really becomes more a part of the weird world.  

After that ending, I'm looking forward to the next book to seeing where they can go from here.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes it's hard hanging in there to see if everything comes together. I've just started DNF'ing books and it's so hard for me to do. I keep thinking I'm missing something that will explain the weird beginning. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I am really bad at DNF'ing a book I usually push on through. This one kind of made up for it by the ending but I'm not sure I would have kept reading either if it wasn't one I read via a tour.

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting. :)

      Delete

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)