Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Review - Two Hundred and Twenty-One Baker Streets

Two Hundred and Twenty-One Baker Streets: An Anthology of Holmesian Tales Across Time and Space Edited by David Thomas Moore

* Provided by NetGalley for Review

5 out of 5 gnomes There were no duds in this awesome collection of a myriad of stories about Sherlock Holmes. This book looks at Sherlock Holmes in just about every way imaginable. Most of these will have you wanting a whole book about the characters you’ve just read. If you’re anything like me you’ll be adding these authors to your TBR (To Be Read) List as you make your way through these stories. The Adventure of the Speckled Bandana was one of those stories that really surprised me with its resolution. I adore the lore that was mixed together to make up this story. The Lantern Men is one truly creepy Holmes story. It’s awesome but like I said before pretty darn creepy. The solution to the mystery lets you see the horrible and long history of a town. A Woman’s Place was such a great look at how important Mrs. Hudson is. I love everything about this story and it’s surprising yet awesome twist on Sherlock. The Small World of 221 B was so interesting and I don’t want to give anything away about it except to say that it really reminded me of an episode of The Twilight Zone. All the Single Ladies is a fantastic look at a woman Sherlock Holmes. I liked the mix of humor, character, and the mystery of who the real killer was. This story also had some of my favorite quotes/lines. With such a wide array of stories about Holmes in this anthology there truly is something for everyone. If you’re a fan of Sherlock Holmes then I highly recommend that you check out this anthology ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)