Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Review - Perfected

Perfected by Kate Jarvik Birch

* Read via NetGalley for review

4 gnomes out of 5 gnomes

This is such a weird book. I was surprised by how much this book just drew me into it’s world. I stayed up until three in the morning on a Saturday to finish it.

The world of this book is just, well interesting but wrong. It’s in some future time where it’s legal to have pets in the United States (not dog and cat kind of pets but genetically engineered girls as pets.)  These pets are taught at their kennels to be pretty much ornaments for whoever buys them.

This is told from the point of view of one of the pets. All she knows is how she’s supposed to act and what’s expected of her. Things get interesting though when she starts to have feelings for someone.

There is a menacing feeling about the whole book and doing what is right for these pets. This book will definitely stay with you.

4 comments:

  1. Don't know if my previous comment went through.

    I was saying that it's always nice to pick up an unexpected book and really liking it. Happened to me a few weeks ago reading Chinese Cooking for the Diamond Thief.

    http://www.ManOfLaBook.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice, yeah I love it when I read a book and am surprised by how much I like it. :)

      Delete
  2. This actually sounds pretty awesome. Kind of like AI meets Bicentennial man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a pretty good read. It's a great mix of a weird world and genetic engineering.

      Delete

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)