Monday, June 10, 2013

Fierce Reads - in Omaha NE

fiercereadslogo
The Fierce Reads book tour came to The Bookworm in Omaha, NE on Saturday June 8th.  It was so much fun getting to meet Emmy Laybourne, Anna Banks, Leigh Bardugo, and Jessica Brody.  I don't think I've ever laughed so much at a book signing before.

It was also great because I got to meet fellow book blogger Emily from Falling for YA who came all the way from South Dakota for the event.

 


Pictures and Quotes from the event:


Emmy Laybourne saying "Why do I kill so many people." was pretty darn funny.

I asked the first question of, "What's your favorite word to write or say?
    
    "Sasquatch." - Anna Banks


    "Toothsome." - Leigh Bardugo


    Jessica Brody says that she used to most overuse the words, "For all intents and purposes."


    Emmy Laybourne said that she can't spell success or sentence but likes the word Mississippi.

    Jessica Brody went on to say that she hates the word panties and that of course led to a very funny exchange where at one point Leigh Bardugo said that panties sounds better when you say it with an accent.  Let's just say that I've never heard the word panties mentioned so much in a conversation. :)

It was also determined by Ann Banks that Omaha is ready for a sasquatch YA book.

I liked Emmy Laybourne's answer about what her favorite character is that she's written about.  Apparently her favorite is Max from Monument 14, that's great because he is definitely the funniest little kid character that I've read in a long time.










 
Here's a glimpse of all the cool bags, books, and different bookmarks/swag. 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome re-cap! I don't think I've ever laughed so much at an event either =P It was very cool meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that really was one of the best author events that I'ge been to. It was really cool meeting you too. :)

      Delete

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)