Friday, March 16, 2012

RTS IRL (Real Time Strategy In Real Life)

Echo's Revenge by Sean Austin

* ARC provided by the author for review



5 out of 5 tiara wearing bats


Echo's Revenge is a great read, it keeps you guessing.  You never are a hundred percent sure what's going on. 

The game descriptions in the book had me picturing online Echo's Revenge the game as a mix of Team Fortress Two and Half-Life.  Being an MMO player myself, I like that they show the interactions between the people playing and actually have personalities come through.  It just gets better when they meet in real life. 

It's every gamers nightmare/dream to see things like this happen.  I spent most of the book questioning if it was all a game and even at the end I'm not sure.  The setting feels realistic and really none of it is completely unfeasable. Lets just say, crazy hackers and an android slowly behaving like it wants to take over the world = a bad situation.

Everything will keep you guessing.  It's well worth the time spent reading and is an easy fun read.  My favorite character is a draw between Scratch/Claw and Snake.  Scratch because you have to love the girl gamer among the guys who can hold her own and Snake because his personality is just easy to connect to.  I want the next book NOW!!!


* Check out http://www.echohunt.com/ for more information and cool features.

1 comment:

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)