Saturday, November 20, 2010

Sentence Sneak Peek - Vampire Vacation

Vampire Vacation by C.J. Ellisson

The first sentence from each chapter of Vampire Vacation, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.


*highlighted portions contain spoilers.

"I open the door to find a body at my feet."

"My black spike heels sink into the carpet runner as I head down the hall."

"Welcome to The V V Inn. I’m Vivian, one of the owners."

"I head away from the lobby, pleased that I’ve had a chance to greet them all by name and shake their hands."

"When our glow has worn off, Rafe flicks on the worktable light."

"I close the office door behind me to join Rafe’s warm laughter in the kitchen."

“Can I help you?” inquires the tall, leather-clad Asian man."

"I move to have my own chair and fill Rafe in on all I’ve learned, and done, to our new arrivals."

"Once I’ve touched a mind I can zero in on it pretty much anywhere on the property."

"We straighten our clothes and head off for the bar."
"Rafe and I stare at the remains of the table in front of us."

“Not to worry everyone!” I call out cheerfully. “Antonio will be fine."

"I head back down the corridor to the main wrap-around landing, advancing to the east wing, this time going the shorter route through the reading nooks in the loft over the lobby."

"I could spend endless hours drinking in the sight of this strong, breathtaking man."

"Miranda’s still on shift at the front desk when I enter the lobby."

"It’s a delicate balance sorting through someone’s ravaged mind."

"I knew the woman looked familiar when I saw her in Drew’s mind, but I couldn’t quite place her face."

"Together we traipse downstairs, the animosity a palatable thing hanging in the air between us."

“What the fuck is wrong with you, lady?” Asa chokes out."

“Olivia, only you can determine which man is right for you.”

“Viv, the power is out,” says an abrupt voice coming over the phone."

"After working outside for several hours, moving aboveground cables, I’m feeling stiff and cranky."

"It's Paul."

"I’m not going to pleasure Olivia with my bite."

"With the plan in place, Rafe heads back to our apartment to get all the winter gear he can find."

"The next few hours prove to be very stressful with rapidfire reports of conflicting information keeping us all on our toes."

"Recent phone calls from Asa, Liam and Antonio have informed me of Ivan’s whereabouts."

"I bolt up from my spot at the kitchen table."

“Well, of course I want to know what happened, you ass.”

5 comments:

  1. Very cool! Neat idea and I love the way it unfolds. I never thought to look at the book in such a way and I wrote the darn thing.

    I was wondering - is there a reason you didn't include the line from chapter one?

    "I open the door to find a body at my feet."

    Thanks so much for reading V V and I hope you enjoyed it. I appreciate you taking the time to put all the quotes here!

    C.J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops, thanks for pointing that out, I went back and added the first line. It was there originally but got lost in the copy/paste from the word document to blogger.

    Thanks for reading the Sentence Sneak Peek, glad you liked it. I loved the book, can't wait for the next one. I'll have my review up sometime tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got this one in my tbr pile, but got little time for reading at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. TRV - I'd be happy to offer an ebook giveaway when you do the review, just let me know. Drop me an email: cj_ellisson@yahoo.com

    McPig - love that name!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @C.J. Ok, I'll email you about the giveaway and now the review and giveaway will be posted on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)