Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Sentence Sneak Peek - Unravel Me

Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi


The first sentence from each chapter of Unravel Me, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)


“The world might be sunny-side up today.”

“A sharp knock and the door flies open.”

“I could touch him from here.”

“The dreams are back.”

“Kenji is waiting for us at an empty table.”

“Kenji lets out a low whistle.”

“We’re trailing down a serie of corridors I’ve never seen before.”

Castle is limp.”

“My mouth tastes like death.”

“They’ve never had to deal with a problem like me before.”

“I catch a glimpse of the clock on the wall and realize it’s only 2:00 in the afternoon.”

“Let’s get you back into your suit,” Sara says to me.”

“1 bunk bed on one side of the wall.”

“Castle is staring at me.”

I count everything.

Loneliness is a strange sort of thing.

“Kenji leads me to a door I’ve never seen before.”

“We look homeless.”

“We’re heading up.”

Warner is standing not 20 feet away from me.”

“I don’t move.”

“Stop throwing boxes at me, jackass.”

“”Sometimes I wonder about glue.”

Kenji finds me first.”

“Another morning.”

“Kenji is already waiting for me.”

“Juliette?”

What?

“The morning is a blur.”

“This isn’t how we wanted it to happen,” Castle says to me, “but these things never usually go according to plan.”

“It’s 10:32 a.m.”

“Wait here.”

“90 seconds.”

“It’s refreshing, really,” he says.”

“He appears in a doorway directly across from where I’m now standing and he looks exactly as I remember him.”

Warner’s gaze is locked onto mine.”

I am a thief.

“An explosion.”

Shit.

“I’m still here.”

Warner’s head is on my lap.”

I’m going to tell you a secret.

“I don’t even know where to begin.”

“This is the door.”

“I step inside.”

“Time for lunch.”

“I go after him.”

James joins us during our training session before dinner.”

“It changes everything.”

“I’m so humiliated.”

Just a moment.

“Things are getting worse.”

Adam, Kenji, Castle, and I are camped out in his office try-ing to discuss strategy.”

“The guards let me into Warner’s room without a single word.”

“Tick tock.”

“It’s like spending 6 months just trying to inhale.”

“I’m definitely screaming.”

What?

“I jump up, frantic, and tell Warner I’ll be right back.”

“We don’t have to do anything at all to die.”

“Adam walks me to my room.”

“I’m so tired when I walk into my room that I’m only half conscious as I change into the tank top and pajama pants I sleep in.”

“Breakfast is an ordeal.”

“It’s raining.”

“I can’t feel my knees.”

Dead dead dead is everywhere.”

“I hear wind chimes.”

“I wake up in a bed made of heaven and I’m wearing clothes that belong to a boy.”

“Breathing.”

“My heart has exploded.”

“My eyes open.”

“I’m blind again.”

Warner is sleeping.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)