Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Day 3 – The CHEESIEST ROMANCE scenes or topics you have read in a book.

I had so much fun with Parajunkee’s first challenge of the year that I’ve decided to join the Valentine’s Book Blogger Mini Challenge. If you want to join in too, you can find the info here. Day 3 is The Cheesiest Romance scenes or topics you have read in a book.

Okay, the first thing I thought of as cheesy is from a book that I adore, Mind Games  by Carolyn Crane. I highly recommend this series but this line from the book almost made me do a literal spit take when I first read it. I admire the alliteration but this phrasing really takes you out of the moment:

"My entire being sighs into him, curling around his deliciously cucumbery cock like it's my new center of gravity."


Tiny Reverse Vampire says that the first scene between Cress and Thorne is pretty darn cheesy.

10 comments:

  1. Yes I would agree with you on Cress but its so good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice, my sister loves that series I gifted her Cress and she's reading it now. :)

      Delete
  2. Cucumbers are for dildos...not actual cocks. Ewww....green bumpy....eww. Sounds like he has a disease.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, not really the image you want while reading...

      Delete
    2. Cucumbery? Is that even a real world?

      Delete
    3. Well according to my spell check no, no it's not. :)

      Delete
  3. I really want to read the series that Cress is a part of. The other one, I've never heard of, but it's uh... wow that's pretty cheesy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister does highly recommend that series. :)

      Yeah it's a cheesy line but I truly do love that series and think everybody should read it.

      Delete
  4. A cucumbery cock, wow. Well if the books is great then it can be forgiven to use a line like that :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the book is great this is just an unfortunate/memorable line. :)

      Delete

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)