Thursday, March 13, 2014

Fantastic Finale

Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi

* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)

5 out of 5 gnomes

Now this, this is how you write a final book not like a certain other recent finale that I loathed. This finale actually felt earned and like a great place to stop the series.

Juliette becomes truly awesome in this book. She finally achieves her full potential and sees what everyone else has always seen in her. I really like how she’s more decisive and knows what she wants.

The character arcs of Warner and Juliette are very well done. I don’t think my feelings have ever changed so much over the course of a book/series. I was thrilled with the relationships in this story.

Kenji and Juliette’s friendship is a lot of fun too. It is nice to see how Juliette reacts better to everyone around her. It's funny seeing her being the most stable one for a lot of the book.

Adam bugged the heck out of me I may have cheered a bit when Kenji punched him in the face because I felt like punching him so so much after the second book but especially in this one.

The final confrontation and the ending are pretty darn epic and end the series on a high note. I highly recommend this series and can't wait to read whatever Tahereh Mafi writes next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)