Friday, May 18, 2012

Tactical Triumphs

Wednesday's Child by Alan Zendell


* Book provided by the author for review

A Tiny Reverse Vampire Review

3 out of 5 tiara wearing bats


Wednesday’s Child has a slow start and is a little detail heavy (which comes across as wordy in the beginning.)  Once it gets going though it turns out that the wordiness is fitting and even essential as the story goes on.

I love the everyday cover jobs and how they are all set up as pretty much a super secret national guard.  Samir is my favorite field agent and William is awesome too.  Though the only complaint I have is that the intro to this part of Dylan’s life kind of hits you out of the blue.

Oh the things that can happen when the days switch order. I like that Dylan, the main character, has more restraint than I do.  I would get greedy with my stock portfolio. He plays it smart when he rembers to take advantage.

I’m not crazy about Irene but I do like Gayle.  Irene I just never really got a good feel for as a character. Gayle is funny and it is neat to see the range of emotions as things happen in her life.

The whole explanation they think through made my head hurt.  All those scientific words...but I absolutely love the trampoline and dropping a mountain in a lake comparisons. Especially that they name the powers that can be thing messing with them. I would call mine the flying spaghetti monster.

This is a good read. An epic story that shows what horrible paths humanity could be headed down and how no supperbeing is going to save it. Dylan given a chance to change it all shows others what could be if people don't fix it. He has to deal with his challenges and tough decisions. Top security clearance that if broken could get you thrown in jail vs family = Hello jail, but he comes throught in a journey worth reading.


A Tiny Reverse Vampire Review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)