Wednesday, December 14, 2011

"Waiting On" Wednesday - Every Other Day

"Waiting On"  Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 

This week I'm waiting on...
Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

* Book will be released December 27, 2011

Check out the description from Goodreads:

"Every other day, Kali D'Angelo is a normal sixteen-year-old girl. She goes to public high school. She attends pep rallies. She's human.

And then every day in between . . .She's something else entirely.

Though she still looks like herself, every twenty-four hours predatory instincts take over and Kali becomes a feared demon-hunter with the undeniable urge to hunt, trap, and kill zombies, hellhounds, and other supernatural creatures. Kali has no idea why she is the way she is, but she gives in to instinct anyway. Even though the government considers it environmental terrorism.

When Kali notices a mark on the lower back of a popular girl at school, she knows instantly that the girl is marked for death by one of these creatures. Kali has twenty-four hours to save her and, unfortunately, she'll have to do it as a human. With the help of a few new friends, Kali takes a risk that her human body might not survive. . .and learns the secrets of her mysterious condition in the process."


This book has intrigued me since I first read the description.  I've loved all of the other books that I've read by Jennifer Lynn Barnes and I have a feeling that this one will be no exception.  Sounds like a great premise and I can't wait to find out what is going on with this character.

12 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this book before but it sounds interesting! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick. I really hope you get it when it comes out in two weeks. I think this was on NetGalley for a while. Come visit me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sound of this as well. Great choice!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Natalie, Thanks, yeah I really like this author's books.

    @Grace Thanks, me too. :) I'll probably buy it with Christmas money.

    @Petra Thanks, yeah it sounds like a really good read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. one of my fav covers in awhile!!

    stop by my wow?!

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/12/arc-review-incarnate.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOoo that sounds really good. Thanks for introducing me to it. Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read so many different responds to this one. "/ I don't really like the cover that much, but the plot seems good.

    Aleksandra from My Bookshelves

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read this one off Netgalley awhile ago and I wasn't too impressed I have to admit. Hopefully you'll enjoy it more!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Jennifer Lynn Barnes' books. I'm really looking forward to this one too.

    My WoW: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday-2-dreaming-awake.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to read this one soon. And I've heard from many others that it's unique and the paranormal aspect is something you've never encountered before. Definitely intriguing.

    Have an amazing reading week!

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been seeing really good reviews on this one I'm really intrigued by it. Great pick!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Lindsay Yes, it does have a great cover.

    @Boriquaz :) Yeah, it does sound great. Thanks for checking out this post.

    @aleksandra yep, the plot intrigues me too.

    @Anna Thanks, yeah I hope I like it.

    @Christina Yep, I read a lot of her books before I even started blogging and they are always interesting.

    @A. Knight - glad to hear that. You have a great week too. :)

    @Giselle - Thanks, yeah I've been seeing some good reviews for this one too.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)