Thursday, December 29, 2011

Sentence Sneak Peek - Bloodrose

Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer

The first sentence from each chapter of Bloodrose, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)
* Book will be released January 3, 2012
* ARC read via
Around The World ARC Tours


"I COULD HEAR each heavy beat of my heart."

"BACK IN WOLF FORM, I quickly led Ren away from the graveyard of homes."

"SINCE THAT'S SETTLED, can we talk about winning this war?"

"BRYN HAD BEEN RIGHT about Ansel's quarters."

"HAVING SEEN PARTS OF IT from the inside, as well as approaching it from the outside, I'd known the Academy was huge."

"THERE'S A REASON they call it the morning after."

"SO THIS IS TORDIS," Shay murmured as if we'd entered a holy place."

"THE CACOPHONY OF sound that flooded my ears when I stepped through the portal made me bristle."

"PLANS FOR RETRIEVING Eydis—the water hiltwere already in motion."

"MY STOMACH WAS RUMBLING, but I was still on edge from my chance encounter with Ren in the baths."

"LOGAN'S QUARTERS bore a much closer resemblance to an actual cell than Ansel's room had."

"CAN WE TRUST HIM?""GABRIEL, IT TURNED OUT, had been the man working in the boat."

"THE CEILING WAS MOVING, every inch of it."

"WE TRUDGED THROUGH the jungle, sodden and dripping."

"I WOKE WITH A START, gasping for breath."

"MY FATHER DROPPED TO THE GROUND, a gray-brown wolf blocking Emile's path to me."

"WE HAVE TO GO BACK!""CONNOR LED THE WAY as we scrambled over rough rock that cut into my paws."

"WAVES LAPPED THE SHORELINE a few yards from where we lounged on the rocks."

"WE LEFT THE ROOM."

"THE SOUNDS OF BATTLE filled my ears and I wished I could shut them out."

"STOP SQUIRMING!"


"CONNOR STOOD BEFORE THE DOOR, reaching in his pocket for lock-picking tools."
"MY FATHER SNARLED, dropping his muzzle low as he stalked sideways, watching Emile."

"LEAVE HER."

"I WILL HEAR YOU SCREAM for this treachery, Logan Bane," Bosque rasped."

"THE LIBRARY WAS IN SHAMBLES."

"AS NEWS OF THE BATTLE'S END spread, Searchers began gathering around us."

"HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW?"

"I'D ALWAYS WELCOMED WAR, but when the last battle ends, what life is left for a warrior?"

Epilogue - "Look not at the greatness of the evil past,
                    but the greatness of the good to follow.
                                                           - Thomas Hobbes,
Leviathan

SABINE SHIVERED, wishing she'd borrowed that sweater Ethan had offered her."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)