Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Armchair BEA Day 3 Interviews - Book Bloggers Deborah and Liz


Armchair BEA Interview: Deborah from Books, Movies and Chinese Food


Bibliognome: What do you enjoy most about blogging?

Deborah: It allows me to be able to talk about the books that I read.  And shockingly, there are people who are actually interested in what I say!

Bibliognome:What’s your favorite Chinese food?

Deborah: Does a Chinese buffet count? No? Ok, then roast pork lo mein.  I could eat a whole dish of this but there’s too many carbs so half a dish.


Bibliognome: What author do you enjoy reading the most?

Deborah:I have several. JK Rowling overall…then others like Siri Mitchell, Jen Calonita, Susan Meissner and Ann M. Martin (gotta love those Baby Sitter Club books.)


Bibliognome:What would your dream book shelf look like?

Deborah: The library that the Beast gives Belle in Beauty and the Beast.  I would marry the Beast for all those shelves.


Bibliognome: If you were Peter Piper how many pickled peppers would you have picked?

Deborah: A peck?  Though I’m not even sure how much a peck is.  Also can you actually pick a pepper that’s already pickled?


Bibliognome: What book series is your favorite?

Deborah: Hands down, Harry Potter. I read or listen to them on audiobook every year.  In fact I just finished Deathly Hallows again just a few weeks ago. Sobbed during the last few chapters.

2nd Place goes to the Alice series by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor. I’ve been reading it since I was in 3rd grade..so it’s been almost 20 years and she’s STILL writing it!


Bibliognome: Do you prefer traditional names for gnomes like Thaddeus Thunderhat or more modern names like Bob the gnome?

Deborah: Gnomes actually scare me TBH. I’d rather not get close enough to find out that it has a name.


Bibliognome: What is your favorite paranormal creature?

Deborah: Um I have no idea. Do creatures from Harry Potter count?


Bibliognome: What word is your favorite to say or write?

Deborah: Currently…scrumdiddlyumptious


Bibliognome: What’s the best book you’ve recently read?

Deborah: Born Under a Lucky Moon by Dana Precious.  I could not put the book down.


Bibliognome: What is your zombie apocalypse weapon of choice?

Deborah: A lightsaber.


Bibliognome: How do you feel about having love triangles in books?

Deborah: I’m not really a fan of them.  Like the whole Hunger Games and Twilight triangles, I am totally Team Katniss and Team Bella.

Bibliognome: Anything else that you would like to let people know?

Deborah: Star Wars is the best movie series ever! Geeks rule!


Quick Questions:
1.) Nonfiction or Fiction : Fiction

2.) pop or soda? : Soda

3.) silver or gold?  White gold

4.) Starbursts or Skittles?  Starbursts – Tropical Flavors

5.) egg roll or crab ragoon?  Lumpia (Filipino egg rolls)

6.) eReader or book?  Book (I actually own a Nook Color but it’s still taking me a while to start reading things on there)




Armchair BEA Interview: Liz from Consumed by Books

Bibliognome: What do you enjoy most about blogging?
Liz: Hands down the friendships I’ve developed.  Blogging and Twitter give me a chance to talk about YA literature with other people who are passionate about it.  The conversation often strays books and reading, which is great.
Aside from just meeting in person, blogging has gotten me to check out more of the local independent bookstores in my area.  This is awesome because it makes me more aware of all of the author signings happening around me.  I’ve had the chance to meet some authors and bloggers in person, and when you get a bunch of book lovers in the same room, fun always ensues.


Bibliognome: Are you a plan every post a week ahead of time kind of blogger or do you write things up the night before/on the fly?
Liz: I would love to schedule everything in advance and always has a post waiting to go up, but I usually wind up writing things up the night before or on the fly.  I’m a bit of a procrastinator.

Bibliognome: What author do you enjoy reading the most?
Liz: It depends on what I’m in the mood for.  Meg Cabot’s books almost always put me in a good mood.


Bibliognome: What would your dream book shelf look like?
Liz: The library from Beauty and the Beast.  It would contain all of my books and still leave plenty of room for acquiring more.

Bibliognome: If you were Peter Piper how many pickled peppers would you have picked?
Liz: I think the only food that tastes good pickled is pickles themselves, so probably none.
Bibliognome: What book series is your favorite?
Liz: Harry Potter, but I also love The Lord of the Rings, anything by Tamora Pierce and the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.
Bibliognome: Do you prefer traditional names for gnomes like Thaddeus Thunderhat or more modern names like Bob the gnome?
Liz: Definitely more traditional names, as they suit gnomes better.

Bibliognome: What is your favorite paranormal creature?
Liz: I’m not really sure.  I’ll go with werewolves since I loved Shiver and was also a fan of The Dark Divine.

Bibliognome: What word is your favorite to say or write?

Liz: Diaphanous.


Bibliognome: What’s the best book you’ve recently read?
Liz: Emma by Jane Austen.  I’ve read a lot of great books this spring, though.

Bibliognome: How do you feel about having love triangles in books?
Liz: I think it all depends on whether or not it’s done well.


Bibliognome: Anything else that you would like to let people know?
Liz: I would say that’s about it.  Thanks so much for having me! :)


Quick Questions:
1.) Nonfiction or Fiction :
Fiction
2.) pop or soda? :
Soda
3.) silver or gold?  
Both, but not together.
4.) Starbursts or Skittles?  
Starbursts
5.) Long book or short book?
I typically like longer books, but it depends on the book itself.
6.) eReader or book?  
Book, although I’d consider getting an eReader for travel.

9 comments:

  1. Beauty and the Beast was just out when I started dating my husband. I already had a huge collection of books and he sometimes jokes that he married me for my library.

    I got the chance to interview via email the owner of Notorious Spinks Talks Books. Come read the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute questions! I also would like the library from Beauty and the Beast. That's the point in the movie when you know he really loved her. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Babysitter's Club! As for scheduling, I try to plan my posts out. About half are written right as I post. The others are planned out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think all three of us could share the Beauty and the Beast library and still be happy.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interviews! I laughed out loud at Deborah's answer about gnomes scaring her. :)

    Liz - I just read the latest Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants book and am really curious as to what long-time fans will think of it. (I only read the first book in the series prior to this.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @everybody, thanks for reading the interviews. I do believe that it's every book blogger's dream to have a library like the Beast had. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it is funny that both selected the Beast's library. Shows how much all of us bookies have in common across the blogosphere ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know I'm late, but thanks so much for interviewing me :)

    @Alyce Do you mean the new one? I haven't read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @liz, Not a problem, it was fun writing up the interview questions and meeting someone new. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)