Tuesday, April 25, 2017

My Favorite Quotes/Lines - The Upside of Unrequited

The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli

“There’s just something about this kind of moment— this tiny thread connecting me to a total stranger. It’s the kind of thing that makes the universe feel smaller. I really love that.”

“I do wonder, sometimes, what people think when they see me.”

“I wish I were the kind of person who knows how to fill a silence.”

“I don’t entirely understand how anyone gets a boyfriend. Or a girlfriend. It just seems like the most impossible odds. You have to have a crush on the exact right person at the exact right moment. And they have to like you back. A perfect alignment of feelings and circumstances. It’s almost unfathomable that it happens as often as it does.”

“So, I guess there are parents who like to roll their babies up like blunts.”

“Here’s a frustrating thing about me: if everyone else is happy, I usually can’t stay pissed off. My moods are conformists. It sucks, because sometimes you really want to be angry.”

“I’ve never really joked around with a boy like this before. Not where I was the one making the jokes. I think I like it.”

“No matter how unlikely, I always have a secret shred of hope. And as feelings go, that’s a pretty addictive one.”

“Aww, you guys will always be our bastards.”

“God, this phone number thing. Not that it’s a thing. It’s definitely not a thing. And I don’t know why I’m suddenly so breathless. I guess lungs are giant traitors. As are stomachs. As are heartbeats.”

“I’m proud of my shit.”

“I’m telling you: life is too short for this bullshit.”

“I feel vaguely nauseated. Like a weirdly pleasant norovirus. Kind of the halfway point between vomiting and becoming a sentient heart-eye emoji.”

“Okay, you know the emoji that’s laughing and crying all at once? It’s that. I am that.”

“I think every relationship is actually a million relationships. I can’t decide if that’s a bad thing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)