Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Review - You're Welcome Universe

You’re Welcome, Universe by Whitney Gardner

* Read via NetGalley for review
* Book will be released March 7, 2017

My Favorite Quotes/Lines:

“Six stencils in and it’s gone. Okay, the tag had vanished by Stencil Two, but I have a point to prove here. I’m not covering up your scribbled slur with just anything. I’m making art here. I’m creating. I’m on fire.”

“It’s only the beginning.”

4 out of 5 gnomes

A quick really interesting read. Makes you think more about the world of graffiti.

Julia’s Deaf and gets kicked out of her school for a graffiti incident. Integrating into a non-Deaf school is more than a little problematic.

Getting into a graffiti turf war is only the beginning. You get to see her make friends, loose friends and figure out more about who she is and what she wants to do.

Julia and her Moms are a great family unit. I like that they're definitely in her life and just aren't regulated to the background.

Her friends too are interesting one in a bad way the other in a surprising way. Both friendships felt very real though.

It was a pretty wild ride and I like the illustrations included in the book. This book will show you how graffiti can be an art.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)